Melrose was originally called Ponde Fielde for its abundance of ponds and streams because of its location north of the Mystic River. It started as part of Charlestown and later Malden before establishing itself as its own city. Melrose is home to 5 elementary schools (Roosevelt, Lincoln, Winthrop, Hoover, and Horace Mann). Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School and Melrose High School.
Because there are so many schools in Melrose, it is very important to ensure the safety of the children. The low level toxicity from chemicals used in paint and construction materials are more likely to trigger mold and dust.
Cashins & Associates will provide healthy and safe solutions to your education institutions. Some of the issues we can help you address include:
- Maintaining optimum indoor air quality
- Thermal comfort challenges – some are too hot, others too cold
- Decreased productivity or absenteeism due to student/staff headaches, respiratory symptoms or general fatigue
- Dust or odor issues related to construction
- Resolving health issues related to mold and moisture
- Complying with local, state and federal regulations
When you engage Cashins & Associates to serve your educational facilities, you benefit from our extensive field experience and technical expertise in this unique sector. We understand the variety and complexity of environmental health and safety issues that can impact your buildings, your students and your staff – and we know how to resolve them in a practical, cost-effective way that protects you against liability, fines, and lost productivity.
If you are located in Melrose MA and in need of environmental services for your educational facilities or any other industry contact Cashins & Associates today!